Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day #6

I think that it has finally really hit me how long I am going to be here.  I have really not been bored but I am not one to be lazy and I am used to be up and doing something.  The only really hard times are when I have to say goodbye to Addie as I send her home, and at night when Aaron calls me during the nightly routine of putting Addie to bed to have prayers with me and to say goodnight.  Those are the times that I remember what I am missing, the giggles, the races to get pjs, teeth brushed but then I feel my tummy and feel these two little ones move and kick and know that this is but a moment in time.  Addie wont forget me during the nightly routine, I will still have many of those tickle sessions and tantrums, but right now she has this wonderful time to get to know family and friends better. 

I guess one of the harder moments is letting people serve me and my family.  I guess this is a humbling moment when I have no qualm asking if someone would help clean my bathrooms, or mow the law so that my hubby (who is amazing) can have time to relax and breath.  Many people ask how I am doing, and really I am doing great.  I have a team of doctors and nurse at a touch of button to help me in any way and need.  I have to say thought that the one who is probably going to need all the help and support is my loving hubby, Aaron.  He is so strong and loving but he is the one running 90 miles per hour each day coming and going doing everything he does and also everything that I do at home.  One thing that I would like to say is if someone sees a need please just ask Aaron if you can do it instead of what can you can do for him.  He has so much on his mind right now that it is so hard to process everything and try to think of what we need.  I will try to see the needs we need and ask also. 

One of the most favorite part of my day is when Aaron comes and has lunch with me.  It is so good to just have some one on one time with him.  We sit and talk and laugh and it gives me time to just breath him in and realize that I have a keeper.  He is so grateful that I am willing to be here to keep these little two in and I am so grateful that he is such a good dad to Addie at home.  All in all I am being blessed with this great opportunity to see what I great family I have and what great blessing the Lord is giving to us.  

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Welcome to the world! We are praying for your little ones. Hang in there!