Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hospital Stay 6 weeks 2 days to go!

On Friday when Grey's water broke I thought for sure that I was going to have 27 week twins.  That thought scared me but at the same time I knew I had to take everything in stride.  I have had many blessings though out this pregnancy and I know that these two will come when they are suppose to come.  So on Friday I just felt calm after the first shock of Grey's water breaking.  After doing those three tests and have them come back saying that I did loose water the first thing the doctor did was reassure us that these two can still stay in me (big shy) what a relief that was.  They then gave me steroids and antibiotics to help just in case we did go into labor.  After having some mild contractions stop they decided that I was in the safe zone to go upstairs and to a room where I will be hopefully for the next 6 weeks and 2 days. 

Many people have asked if I have been bored yet.  The truth is I have only been truly bored when both my cell phone and kindle died on Saturday afternoon.  Other then that I have been busy talking to people, resting and just really going through the motions of being in the hospital.  Just to show how crazy it is being here I will try to remember and write down how my day has been. 

Last night I was finally off the iv antibiotics so the nurses only came in a couple times during the night to check my blood pressure, the baby's heart rates, and get my temperature. Plus I also had to do bathroom breaks every 3 hours.  They brought breakfast in at about 7 and I slept till about 7:45 a.m. then ate my breakfast.  At about 8:30 when I was about to get into the shower the nurse came in and said that they were ready for me to do my non stress test down stairs.  The non stress test is where the nurses monitor the babies heart rates and look for some accelerations and make sure that they are keeping a steady heart beat for 20 to 30 minutes.  On a side note, I get to see a little personality of my boys during this time.  Max the very active baby gets on the monitor pretty quick, then Grey gets to on the monitor and everything looks good, the nurse steps outside and not 2 minutes later she is back in to readjust Max's heart monitor because the little one has moved off.  The nurse gets it back on and I begin to notice a pattern, the nurse leaves after fixing Max's monitor and not 30 sec later he moves off it again.  He would then hear the nurse coming and get back onto the monitor.  This little one definitely is like his father and is already a tease.   After 30 minutes of monitoring I head back upstairs where I take a shower and get ready for the day.  My little sister and Addie arrive at 11 to visit me :).  Then at noon Aaron comes for his lunch break and we get to have a family lunch.  Aaron has to go back to work at 1 and Emilee and Addie leave at 2:30 to go babysit my older sisters boys while she goes to the doctor.  I then talk to my mom for 30 minutes until I have to say goodbye to because I need a nap.  My other sister then comes and visits for about 30 minutes after her doctor apt.  I have dinner at 5 and then start to watch some tv and blog. I will soon have a new nurse for the night and get ready for bed.  So my days have been pretty full.  I am hoping that I can get pretty far through this stay before a have another boring day, but I will try to keep you updated.

Thank you to all who have offered to take care of Addie, we have made up a list and I am sure we will get to you all through out this stay.  Thanks for the prayers, thoughts, email and notes they have all helped me immensely.  Thanks also for those who are providing meals for Aaron and Addie so they get to spend a little more time with me and also get a good health meal.  I know I have great family and friends but this has already shown me how amazing you all are.  Thank You!!!!

No comments: