Friday, May 17, 2013

This week in a nutshell.

Sorry that it has been a while, I write in my journal and was planning on coping and pasting them on our blog and every time I went to do it someone come in and I just forgot.  So I will go and write and then do that, so you all can see what is going on.  Life has been kind of busy, it is crazy to see how fast these last two weeks have gone.  I only hope that these next 5 go just as fast.  Oh did I mention that I am 29 weeks today!!!!!  Yay we made it another week.  As the boys grow their kicks get stronger and stronger.  It is also so much fun just to see my stomach move all around and into different shapes.  There is a part of me that wishes I could have gone all the way to 40 weeks just so I could feel them in there as long as I can.  I guess I am just going to have to relish every single second that I have them in there.  At the same time I am so excited to see these two handsome boys.  Each day at the NST I get to see more of their personalities coming out.  That is another thing that I am so excited to see when they come out is how close to what I think their personalities are going to be. 

This week Addie went and had some fun at a friends house on Monday and Tuesday.  Tuesday right before Aaron was going to pick her up, our friend called and said that she threw up.  Aaron ended up getting up with Addie every hour or so that night to help her as she threw up and started to dry heave.  I was so sad, Addie was going to come and see me on Wednesday and Thursday and I knew that was not going to happen.  Since Grey's water broke they don't want anyone that is sick being around me because if I start throwing up it could send me into labor or cause a infection which will then send me into labor.  All in all I had to buck it up and just be fine talking to her on the phone.  Really it was the perfect timing for her to get sick though.  My Mom had already planned on coming on Wednesday and staying till Friday morning, so Addie was able to stay home with my mom on Wednesday and just watch movies and have fun.  On Thursday she was still not all the way up to par but was acting kind of like her old self, so my mom took her shopping for summer clothes.  Finally today she was able to come and see me.  We cuddled, drew pictures and watched the Incredibles with Grandma and then cuddled, tickled and had some fun when Aaron came.  I love these days when it gives me a glimpse of what life was before the hospital, but am so glad for doctors that are able to keep these two in for as long as they can. 

This week I also had to do my glucose test.  I could not eat anything from midnight until after they did the whole test.  So the first test they came in at 5 a.m. took my blood, gave me the sugar drink and an hour later they came back and took my blood again. Later Tuesday morning the doctor came in and told me that my test came back abnormal and that I would need to do the 3 hour test.  So Thursday I started fasting at 12 a.m. and had to wait till 7:45 a.m. for them to come in and start the test with them drawing my blood, having me drink a bigger bottle of sugar in five minutes (the first test is the equivalent of 1 king size snickers bar, the three hour test is the equivalent of 4 king size snickers bars).  Then they came in at 8:45, 9:45 and 10:45 a.m. to draw my blood. After the last one I was able to eat some food.  The best news is that I passed, which I am so excited about.  I can still have Cafe Rio so that makes me one happy momma.  


Plus the extra good news is that it is the weekend, which mean I get to see Addie and Aaron EVERY SINGLE DAY!  I love weekends, plus Aaron is going to get me Cafe Rio tomorrow :).

No comments: